Independent Workshop Procedure for Obtaining Replacement Keys and Key Adaptations
Access to vehicle security information and replacement keys is provided for security professionals registered with the NASTF (National Auto Service Task Force) vehicle security professional registry. (LSID) For more information visit the NASTF Web Site. http://www.nastf.org
For Canada (Vehicle Security Professional program) (VSP)
The Immobilizer is a theft-deterrent device that adds a layer of security that is standard on every Volkswagen and Audi model. This is achieved with an electronic device embedded in the ignition key, an Immobilizer Control Module and an electronic link to the Engine Control Module.
Volkswagen uses an on-line Immobilizer Adaptation (PIN) delivery system. It is a vehicle anti-theft protection system. With this system a VAS 5052A or 6150B diagnostic tool is connected to the vehicle and via Internet to an online database called Fazit. The identification of the tester and vehicle are passed to the database and the correct PIN is passed to the vehicle in a secure link without direct user interface.
Internet Requirements for performing Key adaptations
This technique requires a secure un-interrupted Internet connection
How high is the volume of data transmitted during immobilizer adaptation?
During update programming approx. 4MB are transmitted via the Internet connection.
A special certificate is required.
Why do I need a permanent Internet link for update programming?In order to avoid errors occurring during the immobilizer process it is important to understand that once started, the process can not be interrupted
First Step: Registration
You must be a registered with the NASTF (National Auto Service Task Force) vehicle security professional registry (LSID) and a current Registered VW / Audi workshop to obtain keys and key adaptations. Please visit the NASTF Registry to complete the registration process. http://www.nastf.org
Canadian applicants must be registered with the Vehicle Security Professional (VSP) program in Canada at www.vehiclesecurityprofessional.ca or call at 1(866) 309-4272
Second Step: Register as an Authorized Independent Workshop with VW
Independent workshops wishing to obtain Keys and adaptations must first be registered with VW.Process:
1. Program registration forms and security ID applications are available for direct download from our Erwin web site: https://erwin.vw.com
Fill out the forms and fax them to the fax number provided on the forms or e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2. The workshop must return the completed forms, along with business license documentation to VW or Audi Key Help. VW Key Help will respond to the workshop with a confirmation of receipt within 2 days upon receipt of the application. Total processing time from initial request to approval or disapproval will take approximately 2-3 Weeks, plus time spent by the requesting workshop during the application cycle.
3. Individual Security System access IDs and passwords will be sent via separate e-mail for security
Third Step: Obtaining as VAS 5052/5052A diagnostic tool
All Volkswagen Special Tools and Workshop Equipment are available for purchase to residents of the US and Canada through Snap-on Business Solutions, a division of Snap-on Tools.
Access to the tool catalogs can be obtained at:
http://.vw.snapon.com and http://audi.snapon.com
Please contact them directly.
Toll-free in the US and Canada: (800) 892-9650
From outside the US and Canada: (262) 656-5200
E-Mail To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fourth Step: Obtaining a Key or a Key Adaptation
Obtaining an immobilizer adaptation requires Vas 5052A/6150B configured for use with the security system, a high speed internet connection and additional information identifying both the vehicle and workshop to maintain security. The adaptation is only valid for the vehicle it is being performed on at the time it is being performed.
1. Registered workshops with a Locksmith ID Number (LSID) or VSP number for Canadian applicants: order a Key or request a key Adaptation through the Audi or VW Key Service Web Sites www.keys-audi.com or www.keys-vw.com
2. A security certificate is activated allowing timed access to the secure web site for adaptation.
- If the vehicle has been reported as stolen, no immobilizer adaptation will be given.
- A service fee will apply for each key ordered or adaptation received by the workshop.
- The cost of the key will also be charged to the registered workshop
- Registered workshops will submit an on line credit card payment to receive each adaptation.