Frequently Asked Questions1. How much does erWin cost?
The price for erWin depends on your selected subscription. There are three types of subscriptions: one day, one month, or one year.
2. How do I get my password?
The password will be sent to your email address shortly after successful registration.
3. Forgot your password?
Click on Password Forgotten? Follow the instructions and click Submit. You will receive a new password by email, which you can change again once you log in.
4. Log in failed?
Verify the correct entry of your email address and password. The password is case sensitive.
5. Problems with SealedMedia and Acrobat Reader
To use erWin you need Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher. You also need the Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you have problems opening and viewing PDF documents in erWin, verify the following:
- Are you logged in?
- Is your subscription active and valid?
6. The document can be opened, but only one page is legible.
Using older versions of Acrobat Reader can result in problems when reading documents. Please install the latest version of the Acrobat Reader.
7. Can I use erWin with other browsers?
The SealedMedia plugin, which is required to view PDF documents, currently supports only Internet Explorer. Other browsers may work, but are not officially supported.
8. Why can order forms not be opened?
For opening order forms you need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
9. How often is erWin updated?
erWin is updated continuously.
10. What can I do when my documents can no longer be opened despite an active subscription?
a) Forgot password for opening of documents:
Click on Password Forgotten? and follow the instructions.
b) After hardware replacement or data loss:
Please contact erWin support.
11. What is the time span between order and activation?
Usually only a few seconds.
12. I have a problem when opening a document with the Unsealer. I think this could be related to Norton AntiVirus or Norton Internet Security, since some of the error messages are generated by these programs.
There are incompatibilities at several points between Norton Security products and the Unsealer: In case you use Norton Internet Security and have selected the standard setting there, the program will block components of the Unsealer, so that you will not be able to view any documents
- If you are requested to make a standard setting for "Unsealer" or "sealmon.exe", please select "Permit" and place a check-mark in the field "Save this setting".
- If you already made these settings for one or more Unsealer components, but you are not sure exactly what you have selected, then please perform the following steps to configure Norton to get your Unsealer to work:
- Click on "Start", "All Programs", "Norton Internet Security Professional", then select the item "Norton Internet Security Professional". Alternatively double-click on the Norton Internet Security Professional Icon in the Windows task bar.
- Click on the item "Personal Firewall" in the main window.
- Click on "Configure" at the bottom right.
- In the new window, click on the list for programs.
- Look at the "Manual Program Control" list in the lower part of the window.
- In this list, look for the program sealmon.exe. Note that the list is in alphabetical order.
- In the column "Internet Access" please click on the arrow and select "Permit all".
- Click on the OK button in the lower part of the window.